Current Judging List
Our current Judging List can be accessed here:
Judging List Criteria & Questionnaire
Our current Judging List Criteria can be accessed here:
If you meet the criteria and would like to be added to our Judging List, please complete the questionnaire below and return it to the secretary. Our judging list is updated annually.
Judges Competency Framework
A new system has been developed by the Kennel Club for the education, approval and listing of every level of judge. The system has been designed taking into account the feedback received from exhibitors, show societies and judges.
* As of June 6th 2019, the JCF implementation is on hold - see here for further details from the Kennel Club *
- - - - - - - - - -
Update - February 24th 2020 received from the Breed Education Co-Ordinator, via the Kennel Club:
This gives a chart detailing the criteria at each Level. Please note the changes made to Levels 1 and 2, which should be applied with immediate effect.
Those candidates sitting the Multiple-choice Breed Standard Exam at a Breed Appreciation Day need to have met the amended Level 1 criteria, which is:
• Minimum of 5 years proven interest in pedigree dogs
• Attend a Requirements of a Dog Show Judge seminar (but not mandatory to take and pass examination)
• Attend a Conformation and Movement seminar
• Complete a minimum of 2 stewarding appointments (another 10 appointments must be completed for the judge to meet Level 3 in their first breed)
The following has been amended as Level 2 criteria:
• Take and pass Requirements of a Dog Show Judge examination
• Pass Points of a Dog assessment
• Attend a Breed Appreciation Day (BAD) and pass a Multiple Choice Examination (MCE) for the respective breed.
• View ring stewarding seminar and take online quiz
• Complete critique writing seminar and take online quiz
• Attend a Breed Appreciation Day (BAD) and pass a Multiple Choice Examination (MCE) for each breed.
We are releasing information in bite size chunks to allow all groups to digest this information. This has come about as a result of feedback received from the JCF review.
- - - - - - - - - -